Smt. Kesardevi Mishra Memorial Library – The College Library
The library which has now become an essential part of the social fabric has been a product of the actual needs of modern civilization. Culture is essentially a social communication of experience of our predecessors. Books have preserved this experience & the library has been disseminating it to the living individuals for further progress. Each individual has the ‘Right to information’. Our library tries to do its best by satisfying the hunger for information.
Navneet College Library was set up in the year 2010. The library in 2018 was named after our mentor “Smt. Kesardevi R. Mishra” and hence is now popularly known as “Smt. Kesardevi Mishra Memorial Library”. The motive behind renaming the college library happens to be Smt. Kesardevi Mishra’s dedication, commitment and passionately curious nature towards the “Education” even though being only a primary education recipient in her student days but she stood firmly for the cause of “Education” and helped it reach to great heights and our college happens to be a small example of her mammoth efforts. Over the years, it has been flourished in to an up to date system and fully automated library.
The library was operated in a manual manner but in the year 2015 the library was automated. The software used in automation was E – Granthalay. As per emerging needs of students the college decided to migrate the library data to KOHA Library Software in 2021.
Our library has total collection of books 3000, 10 journals & magazines, 04 newspapers & 38 CD-ROMs. The facility of reading room& CD-ROM facility at digital library are made available to the students & teachers. Library also subscribes the N-LIST Program of INFLIBNET. Through N-LIST Program more than 6000+ e-journals and 3135000+ e-books in various subjects is available for the users. Digital library is well-equipped with latest infrastructure of computers, headphones & CDs. Library also provide Book Bank Scheme for economically backward and needy students.
Newspapers are mirror of the world. Important articles from the newspapers are displayed on the notice board regularly. Newspaper clippings file is maintained in the library which provides a good source of references to the students as well as the staff.
It is no doubt that library is the ocean of knowledge & our college strives hard to add more drops of knowledge by increasing number of books, dictionaries, encyclopaedias, yearbooks, atlases, journals, magazines, newspapers & audio-visual materials & make readily accessible to the students for improving their intellectual level.
- Dr. Anjankumar L. Sahay – Chairperson
- Mr. Narendra D. Chandratre – Librarian – Secretary
- Mr. Satyendrakumar B. Pal – Department of Information Technology
- Mrs. Varsha R. Singh – Department of Commerce
- Mr. Harishankar C. Mishra – Department of Information Technology
- Mrs. Priyanka V. Gupta – Department of Commerce
- Mr. Subhash Athavale – Special Invitee (Advisor)
Functions of Library Committee –
- To guide the Librarian in formulating general library policies and regulations which govern the functions of the library.
- To provide for proper documentation services and updating the Library collection.
- To work towards modernization and improvement of Library and documentation Services.
- To formulate policies and procedures for efficient use of Library resources.
- To review Library readership department-wise.
- To adopt measures to enhance readership.
- To prepare budget and proposals for the development of the Library.
- To recommend to the authorities the fees and other charges for the use of the Library.
- To seek feedback on Library functions from readers.
- To submit the annual report on the functioning of the library.
- To take measures to increase the membership of the Library beyond the boundaries of the College.