College Women’s Development Cell :
The College Women’s Development Cell is constituted on the guidelines laid down by University of Mumbai .
The Objectives of CWDC :
- To ensure implementation of the directions of University Women Development Cell in the college.
- provide equal footing to female students and staff members (Teaching and Non-Teaching) and create a gender sensitive campus .
- To prevent sexual harassment at workplace (colleges campus) and to promote general wellbeing of female students teaching and non-teaching women staff of colleges.
- To provide appropriate work conditions for women and girl students, and to ensure that there is no hostile environment towards women at work place.
- To create social awareness about the problems of women and problems due to gender discrimination.
- To arrange and to distribute all the publications of the University Cell concerning the directions amongst the teachers, non-teaching employees and students.
Activities conducted by the Cell:
- Guest Talk/Seminars on gender sensitization issues, women oriented issues .
- Visits to Orphanages and Old Age Homes .
- Organizing various competitions to develop skills among students .
- Organizing workshops/seminars for faculties on topics pertaining to rights of women.